Rural community full elementary & secondary schools constructed/upgraded by A-CET/EYES
Registrations Sept 2014
- 6,046 students (with a virtual equal boy/girl mix are now freely attending nine Full Elementary & Secondary Schools where, prior to 2005 and A-CET/EYES school re-building project work, few places existed.
- In 2015, 375 students from six of these schools (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5 & #7) took their Grade 9 National examination and overall 87.5% passed to Secondary School (47 failed or dropped ou).
- Additionally five schools run Kindergarten (pre-school) classes on an informal community support basis. These registration/attendance figures: are not included.
- These nine Bureau of Education run schools have a potential capacity for over 10,000 students attending on double daily shift basis.
- All schools are equipped with basic local made furniture, have mains or solar electricity installed plus on-site dry latrines. Additionally all schools have on-site access to harvested water - provided by other charities.
- Classroom capacities are officially 50, but often circumstances dictate that they have to accommodate more.
- Fikre Alem
- Dansa Dejen
- Hagere Selam
- Ziban Albe
- Abinet Residential Church School, St Michaels, Mekelle for orphan/abandoned/disabled boys only. Does not follow the Bureau of Education regular curriculum. (Classroom capacity 200 Residential capacity 112)